There are many wine lovers in the world. Some enjoy during a party while others love with to cook with their food. However, amateurs do not understand that wine comes in various types and can lead to a disaster after it is purchased. If you wish to learn the various types of wines along with their characteristics, then read the information mentioned below.
- Sauvignon Blanc – This is a popular wine that comes in light-medium body with various citrus fruit taste. The Sauvignon Blanc is a popular wine that goes fantastically well with the likes of veal, pork, cheese and fish when cooked in Mexican, Vietnamese and French style.
- Riesling – The Riesling is a light to medium body wine comprising of high acidity that offers sweet fruity flavors. This wine becomes absolutely delicious when cooked with duck, chicken and other meat.
- Pinot Gris – If you’re having something such as fresh salad, mild cheese or poached fish, then the sweet fruity flavors of Pinot Gris is the perfect wine to go with.
- Pinot Noir – First of all, this wine has low body level that offers rich fruity flavors. Moreover, the Pinot Noir consists of high level of acidity and low level of tannins that blends perfectly with cured meats, chicken, soft cheeses and pork.
- Chardonnay –A popular French made wine, the Chardonnay offers a fruity flavor that blends well with sea food. You can also use this wine to cook chicken or use it with a few cream sauces and nutty cheese flavors.
Learn more about the different types of wines by visiting swan valley wine tours.